Friday 27 July 2007

Hopi Elder's Message regarding this Millenium

Bronze Age (5oooyears old) maze carving, Rocky Valley, Cornwall, UK
Hopi maze carving, Montezuma's Castle,US
When I was seventeen, I was living and working in Cornwall as an adventure sports instructor. One weekend I decided on a whim to find this ancient maze carving I'd seen on a postcard, in Rocky Valley near Tintagel. I dragged my then reluctant partner, the twelve km hike along the river looking for this maze and it really was like a maze within a maze. The path was pretty overgrown and we approached the ruin of Trewethett an 18th century mill still as yet having seen no sign of this labyrinth. Then I saw a strange overhanging rock face behind the mill, all it's cracks were stuffed with coins, ribbons and other offerings and there was the maze I'd been searching for. It's grooves were just wide enough to run your finger along them and I knew somewhere that it represented a healing journey. It was like finding a treasure, not marred by any overly protective National Trust like ticket buying and landscaping. We'd just stumbled across it. I think it was protected though and looked after. Afterwards we followed the stream to where it gushed out over the edge of the black cliffs in a fairly dramatic and noisy fashion. I looked out over the Atlantic and said silently to myself that by the end of the month I would be on the other side and funnily enough that's exactly what happened.
Stranger though was that upon my arrival in Canada I was greeted by my friend, who had returned from a trek in Hopi country. While there she had met this fellow and told him about my visit and he promptly bought this book (The Book of the Hopi, by Frank Waters) and asked her to give it to me. I didn't know him and he didn't know me and my friend Susan didn't know anything about Rocky Valley. When the book was in my hands I opened it onto a picture of the exact same maze I had seen in Rocky Valley, except this was another equally ancient, like the one above from Montezuma's Castle in the U.S.
Inwardly I had wanted this journey to be a spiritual to journey, and this it proved to be and then some. The book with the maze was just the beginning; speaking to me of a time when we were one tribe, a tribe that chose to split up and go it's seperate ways. The Hopi word for sun is the Tibetan word for moon and the Hopi word for moon is the Tibetan word for sun. Two very different yet similar worlds that I had such an affinity with came together for me very quickly. There are many more stories to tell from this journey and really it has never ended, but at the beginning there were so many signs, so many symbols, visions, dreams and questions without answers. But this isn't about that journey, this is about an email I received today from a friend forwarding this message attributed to Hopi Elder. Whether it was written by them or by a creative hippie in Portland, doesn't really matter - the message it contained was beautiful and very valid I think for those of us a little weary of all the bad news we're bombarded with on top of our own doubts and fears. So here it is:-

A Hopi Elder Speaks regading the Millenium:-
"You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour, now you must go back and tell thepeople that this is the Hour. And there are things to be considered . . . Where are you living? What are you doing? What are your relationships? Are you in right relation? Where is your water? Know your garden. It is time to speak your Truth. Create your community. Be good to each other. And do not look outside yourself for the leader." Then he clasped his hands together, smiled, and said, "This could be a good time!" "There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are torn apart and will suffer greatly. "Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above water. And I say, see who is in there with you and celebrate. At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, Least of all ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt. "The time for the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves! Banish the word struggle from you attitude and your vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration. "We are the ones we've been waiting for."

Attributed to an unnamed Hopi elder, Hopi Nation, Oraibi, Arizona
Tracing of Hopi Maze and close up photo of Rocky Valley maze


Related Articles:- Becoming a Human Animal, Be Your Healthiest You,An Attitude of Fierce Resolve


If you have enjoyed reading this site please help me to keep raising the standards by leaving a donation
To join my newsletter, with the latest Positive Impact Living Methods and News and please fill out your information in the box below








Join the Mailing List


Enter your name and email address below:

Name:

Email:

Subscribe
Unsubscribe






tags - hopi maze montezumas castle labyrinthe labyrinth rocky valley tintagel cornwall tibetan word sun hopi word moon
http://poitiveimpactliving.blogspot.com Copyright2007 louisembrookes@hotmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to Positive Impact Living Newsletter


For the latest news from Positive Impact Living.blogspot join today, and find out how you can be involved.
For life recipes, a little get up and go, and an infusion of heartfelt positivity.
Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe