Wednesday 25 July 2007

Amma



She says ‘The broken ones are my darlings’Amma
When I first heard of her through besotted friends I was sceptical of course, but once I saw her and what wonderful things she's doing and creating in the world I was bowled over. She is the single most impactful active person on the planet at this time working entirely for the benefit of others. If you need help of any kind or if you know anyone who needs help, just go and see her. It doesn't cost anything except perhaps your doubt or disbelief. The story of her life is miraculous both in detail and deed. I recommend reading about it on her website.

Amma's Desire "Everyone in the world should be able to sleep without fear, at least for one night. Everyone should be able to eat to his fill, at least for one day. There should be at least one day when hospitals see no one admitted due to violence.By doing selfless service for at least one day, everyone should help the poor and needy.It is Amma's prayer that at least this small dream be realised."
You can donate to Amma's projects here:- Donate and you can write Amma your prayers, worries, joys, offerings here:- Write to Amma

Amma sings about her realisation experience in the mystical song Ananda Veethi ‘The Path of Bliss’
Ananda Veethi
Once upon a time, my soul was singing
In delight through the path of bliss.
At that time, all the inner foes,
Such as attraction and aversion ran away,
Hiding themselves in the innermost recesses of my mind,
The Divine Mother, with bright gentle hands
Caressed my head,
I told Mother that my life was dedicated to Her
Smiling, She became a Divine Effulgence
And merged in Me. My mind blossomed,
Bathed in the many-hued light of divinity.
The events of millions of years gone by
Rose up within me. Thenceforth,
Seeing nothing as apart from my own Self,
A single unity, and merging in the Divine Mother
I renounced all sense of enjoyment
Mother told me to ask the people
To fulfil their human birth. Therefore,
I proclaim to the whole world
The sublime truth that she uttered,
“Oh Man, merge in your Self!”
Thousands and thousands of yogis
Have taken birth in India, and
Lived the principles visualised by the
Great Sages of the unknown past.
To remove the sorrow of humanity,
How many naked truths are there!
Today I tremble with bliss,
Recollecting Mother’s words,
“Oh my darling, come to Me
Leaving all other works.
You are always mine.”
O Pure Consciousness, O Embodiment of truth,
I will heed Your words.
O Mother why are you late in coming?
Why did you give this birth?
I know nothing, O Mother,
Please forgive my mistakes.

It was the moment of eternal bliss (Ananda) ; the moment of her realisation of the Universal Mother. From that moment onwards Sudhamani became ‘Amritanandamayi’ (one who is full, filled with eternal bliss). When She was Sudhamani (Amma‘s previous name), She was full of ecstasy. She was lost in Herself. But when She had the realisation of the Divine Mother, She became ‘Amrita’, the divine nectar that bestows eternity. She began to flow out of Herself for the benefit of mankind, in the form of love and compassion.


To find out more about Amma go to http://amritapuri.org/ She tours all around the world giving darshan (blessing).



If you have enjoyed reading this article please give a donation to one of Amma's organisations 'Amritapuri' Amma's Ashram's Main page

To join my newsletter, with the latest Positive Impact Living Methods and News and please fill out your information in the box below (it's confidential), it will arrive once a month and you can easily unsubscribe, thanks Louise





Join the Mailing List


Enter your name and email address below:

Name:

Email:

Subscribe
Unsubscribe




tags - amma, ammachi, amritanandamayi, mata amritanandamayi, ananda veethi, miracle, mother, help, amritapuri, ashram, meditation, esoterism, yogis, miracles, positivity, help, positive, course, medicine, healing, inspiration, relief, spiritual, spirituality, conciousness raising, new age, icons, modern saints,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to Positive Impact Living Newsletter


For the latest news from Positive Impact Living.blogspot join today, and find out how you can be involved.
For life recipes, a little get up and go, and an infusion of heartfelt positivity.
Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe